DMM is showcasing its latest products for 2014/15 at the 2014 OutDoor trade show in Friedrichshafen (Germany). The new additions include three belay devices, a lightweight harness range, the Chimera biner and the eagerly awaited towable rope adjustment device, the Catch.
The latest belay devices are a result of meticulous research and design to cater for modern belaying techniques with modern ropes.
- Pivot - Multi-use lightweight belay device. Innovative pivot gives optimum performance both belaying from the harness and direct from the anchor.
- Mantis - Super lightweight classic belay device made better for use with either single or half-ropes where direct belaying is not required.
- Grip - Revolutionary single rope belay device. Clever mechanics are behind the Grip's startling holding power.
You'll find all you need to know about these products in the Abseil & Belay section of the DMM Buyers Guide and on pages 24-25 of the 'Read Now Work Later' InfoZine.
The Chimera is DMM's latest biner and the perfect example of carabiner evolution. It's the ultimate in lightweight, high performance clean nosed biners: suited to trad or alpine adventures.
DMM's harness range has been expanded with the addition of four lightweight sport and all-rounder harnesses.
- Maverick 2 - DMM's lightest padded harness with the 'feel like its not there sensation' (Vertesse - women's specific fit equivalent).
- Mithril - Perfect lightweight all-season harness (Venture - women's specific fit equivalent).
You'll find details of the new harnesses on pages 36-37 of the InfoZine.
The Alpha Steel is also new for this season and does what it says on the tin: taking the ideal clipping biner, the Alpha Clip, and hot-forging it in steel to give a premium gym draw. An optional easy-fit captive bar is available.
All these products will be available in the shops in spring 2015.
Alongside the climbing products on the stand a number of Professional 'safety at height' products are being launched.
- Catch - eagerly awaited towable safety line rope adjustment device (available autumn 2014).
- Revolutionary Prusik Minding (RPM) Shackles - high strength and torsion-resistant building block used within rescue and rigging operations (available spring 2015).
- Edgehog - rope protection for ropes fed through gratings (in stock now).
Downloadable info sheets on these products are available: Catch, RPM System and Edgehog.
For a complete overview of DMM's entire range, with all of the technical specifications, the Buyers Guide 2014/15 is now available to download.
This year DMM has also produced a 'Read Now Work Later' magazine style mix of 'product highlights' and articles, with topics ranging from Pete Robins on the difficulties of naming a new route to technical features such as Good Belay Practice and Choosing a Rack. In it you'll also find a screwgate guide plus all the info on DMM's new belay devices and range of lightweight harnesses. If you haven't got hold of an analogue copy for your coffee table then a digital version is available to download.
The OutDoor show is where the outdoor industry gets to present and premiere their latest products to retailers. This year, 925 exhibitors from 39 countries will fill the 85,000 m² exhibition space. The show will be open to industry visitors from Thursday 10th to Sunday 13th July (Thursday to Saturday from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). You'll find the DMM stand in Hall B2/202.