This role is a sales support function which sits within a team of sales administrators, sharing the workload of administrative sales tasks. Their mission is to ensure a timely turnaround of support tasks including, order processing and liaising with customers ensuring first class customer service is delivered at all times.
Essential to your success in the role will be the ability to demonstrate
- Taking sales orders via telephone and email
- Processing orders on to the computer
- Assisting the sales team
- Analysing data
- Working with the purchasing department and production team to assist with ordering/production priorities of products
- Reviewing and processing all back orders for UK and overseas customers
- Prioritising of orders from UK and overseas
- Handling general customer and suppliers queries
- Working in conjunction with the warehouse to ensure orders are dispatched
- Manage daily and monthly sales figures
- Process payments for orders/invoices via online payment system
- Process overseas shipments using online booking system and matching up invoices with relevant proof of deliveries
- Process supplier invoices for payment using internal systems
- May be required to perform basic clerical duties, such as filing and photocopying
- Any other duties required
- Ability to build positive relationships with high level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent talent to interact with people in a positive and courteous manner
- Aptitude to follow processes and procedures accurately
- Computer literate and numerical skills
- The ability to prioritise and meet customer deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- To work quickly, maintaining a high degree of accuracy at all times
- Self-motivated, initiative and high level of energy
- Experience administration duties
- Knowledge of DMM’s products and services
- An active interest in climbing/mountaineering
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
If you feel you have the relevant skills we are really keen to hear more about you. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your own career. In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary and an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants should apply in the first instance with a copy of their CV and any additional information that you feel is relevant.
Applications and current C.V. to be sent to:
Suzanne Bonnett – HR Manager –
Closing date for applications is 20th August 2018
DMM International is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
“Together, each one of us will make a better, safer product for our customers”
DMM is a company that designs, manufactures, markets and sells high quality equipment for use in climbing, mountaineering, tree care, working at height, rope access and rescue. DMM strives to achieve the highest levels of quality, innovation, and service.